Thursday 25 April 2013

Guilliers 1,2,3

To be honest I have more photos from last weeks race than words........
On the start line with Mr Dewey

 So race this weekend was a 1,2,3 category 130km with a very good field and so it proved with an avg speed of 42kph. 72km enligne which was very fast and went through some amazing scenery, both undulating and wide open roads "I only noticed, I wasn't looking about", I stayed up the front and went with good attacks on the climbs but nothing happened.



In a world of pain here, just been caught after trying to get up to a move

After there were 8 finishing loops,they were very hard and fast especially through and over the finishing area.  I missed the important attack on the 4th one which I was unable to get to. I was caught behind other riders and consequently too far back to get to it. . I was disappointed as I felt good and it was my tactics that were wrong. In the last few laps I tried very hard to take something from the race but I just ended up getting more and more tired. However by this stage I had nothing to loose by having a go. I came home 66th from 180+ starters.


The finishing circuits were literally 1 long lineout for 60km


No comments:

Post a Comment