Wednesday 13 February 2013

Pastures New

So a long time since I wrote this job. Last season in Belgium I never really got round to writing it, partially because i was too busy and enjoying myself and mostly because I just couldn't be bothered. But I think this time short and sweet is going to be the key to a constantly updated blog.

So on to this season, I've had a good winter with lots of miles mostly wet and perishingly cold riding my favourite roads in the world "The Dales and Ribble Valley" with the best possible company, Wilko, Robbie P , Pete Williams, Sam boast, John Hopkinson "aka Old Hopkin and in the latter few rides two good young local lads Connor French and Oliver Payton. Most of all reason for mentioning the above is to be honest good lads like the above give my training a good boost and makes it so enjoyable.

This year I will be racing in Brittany, France with Union Cicliste Hennebont Lochrist with fellow Brits George Moore and Josh Lawless. Already had a good few laughs ie Dog encounters but thats for later.


My 1st race with the team is this Sunday a local race to our Base Town, Hennebont. As of yet I have no details of the race but if the training I've done so far is anything to go by it will have its fair share of lumps and bumps touch wood it will be dry but I aint counting on it.

I travelled over on Sunday night with the lads and Nick Mills from Portsmouth to Caen. We were welcomed into the Mill's lovely Farm house where the sons are putting in some fair graft renovating which was of interest for me been a hands on lad myself.


The afternoon we arrived the 3 of us went for a spin to get the long drive out of our legs, more so for myself coming from the sticks of "Up North". Well it could have been a better start, literally 5 miles from clicking in we encountered a pretty territorial boxer dog. He stood his ground at his garden boundaries but then decided that wasnt enough and gave chase. I managed to get away but this wasnt case for George and Josh, i thought that was it however thrown down from the heavens a Renualt Clio came to their rescue and gave the dog a bit of persuasion back to his kennel with its Bumper. ..............60kph persuasion. Not the best but better than a savaged leg or worse for the three of us.


Enjoy the read more soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment