Sunday 17 February 2013

Beaucoup de Soleil

OK so my 2013 racing season began today and I'm happy to report it went pretty well, I'm not entirely happy with it but it was pretty good nether the less.

The race was in the village of Camors about 1 hr ride from where I am currently living in Hennebont. My Club president Sebastian picked me up at 13:15 along with my two new team mates Josh lawless and George Moore. The lead up to the race was what I'd very much expected lots of blingy bikes, big ARRIVEE banner, podium lorry and an outside sign on table.

The race started at 14:30 and was a 13 lap "interclub". The first few laps took some getting used to with the big group "approx 110 riders" and unknown roads, especially after riding mostly with 2-4 people all winter. The race was pretty nippy at points but i have to say i felt pretty good and apart from when I had a few jumps didn't feel in any difficulty.

Unfortunately as of yet I have no exact results of the race but I have been assured by spectators I may have just scraped a top 30..ish. and as for photos I have seen a few and seem to be hidden in almost everyone, a shoulder here, a helmet top there ect... Not worth posting.

Fellow Team mates George moore and Josh Lawless had very good races. George 5th and Josh "15th?"

We then got kitted up and road home behind the car. maybe good maybe not......

Fellow British Rider Doug Dewey made the podium with a strong 2nd place. Well done Doug.



No comments:

Post a Comment