Sunday 1 January 2012

Raising the bar and the motivation

Well the beginning of this week i was greeted with one of those dreaded emails, the type which tells you, that you haven't secured funding for 2012. Obviously I was down a bit but after a few days of thinking it through it has just given me more motivation to prove that I am worthy of summer funding from may 2012. To add to my determination to progress this season coming, I now for the first time have a coach, guiding me with weekly programmes and there like parrot on my shoulder in the season planning and scheduling my races, this has learn't me to remove my head and use his and just listen.

Well after Christmas day, with all the food and drink consumed I fancied some fresh air in my lungs, so I got out early on boxing day morning and rode my favourite ride, a nice 50 mile loop riding through small single track lanes and short rolling climbs. A ride which I am doing with Chris Sidwells for a cycling weekly article at the end of January.

On the Tuesday I did another one of my favourite rides, I didn't get out till after 3 and with the light fading I just did a quick hour and forty minutes riding with a Cadance of 100+ as instructed by my coach. A great thing about the area I live in is out of this 50km ride only 4 km is on main roads, which is ideal given the time I was out, in heavy rain and mist.

Wednesday was a bike free day and I spent an hour and a half doing some gym work at home, due to the festive season and the leisure centre not been open. Obviously a few things in my programme weren't possible as I don't have the equipment. But I just skipped a few things and added something else in which I could do and boy did I know about it my whole body was in ribbons.

After my Workout on Wednesday I thought it best to do nothing on Thursday and rest and feel fresh for Friday.

Friday I did the same ride as Tuesday focusing on my Cadance and Heart Rate regularly reaching over 185 bpm but feeling fresh and nippy.

Saturday was a busy day with things to do and  people to see after all it was New years eve and the bike stayed in the house for the day.

New years day the 1st day of 2012 my ride on this day last year ended in sliding along the tarmac having crashed on the ice but today was an all together different ride, getting a puncture 2 mile from home, hopefully  a good charm for this year to get the punctures out of the way early on. With about 5 layers on i went out to sweat out the alcohol from last nights festivities and I can say it was a great idea, this evening I feel fresh and no hangover.

Hope you enjoy and Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment