Monday 26 December 2011

Two weeks of nothing much

Well to be honest in the past two weeks I haven't really done anything exciting so I'm going to keep this update short and sweet.

Having not updated for a couple of weeks now I'm going to start from two weeks ago. On the Monday I went pheasant beating at my local shoot, the day started off pretty nice sunny cool and clear but soon the heavens were open and it was another wet finish, not a great thing considering that night it was below zero and all the rain froze. Predictably the next day the roads outside the house were covered in ice and getting to the bus stop to go to the gym was a little tricky.

I was a little lost in the gym, I'd done gym all last winter but none of what I did benefited me so I got chatting a PT. I asked him if he new anything about how to train for cycling, what would be a good routine and where should I get started. Instead of just standing around yapping I thought it best to book a session with him so I could have a good demonstration and description of all the workouts beneficial to cycling. (This would be the following Tuesday). So I hadn't really done anything in the gym but talk so I went in the pool for a a while and did a mile.

For the rest of week I didn't really do much just a few short spins round the lanes when the most of the thick morning frost had gone. Thursday night I was looking for cross races local to home, there was one in Wakefield I had planned to go to my sister's a few miles from the race and then ride home the day after. But when Sunday morning came around I felt very tired and didn't think it was worth spending £10 on a race I knew I wouldn't do well in and further more not knowing the weather conditions of Monday whether I would be able to ride home safely. Sure enough Monday was icy and a bit snowy so I'm glad I didn't risk it.

Tuesday came around it was my session at the gym, over the weekend the PT had written up a programme specific for me as a cyclist. I was confident with what he'd done because it was very like exercises my friends do, so I had a good hour and a bit going through motions and him accessing what my strengths and weaknesses were. for 3 days after my body was in ribbons every muscle ached.... but no pain no gain!

Wednesday I took the time to get some presents for the nearest and dearest, this took about half an hour at the most... not really a shopping type

Thursday me and my friend Sam went out for a few hours to Waddington and round Bashall eaves climbing over Blacko in thick mist absolutely soaked from the low lying g cloud and Friday I just went out steady away round the local hilly lanes and enjoyed my bike, it was good to be able to get out on the smaller lanes without the threat of icy patches. Now the weekend with family around i think the next bike ride will be boxing day!! hope you enjoy the read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment