Sunday 22 July 2012

Better late than Never


Right about time I wrote up a new blog, I was blogging weekly in the winter speaking of my training and then had my head set on writing another one after the first block of British races. Unfortunately some weeks I would completely forget or others I was just too tired.

I’m going to do this blog in two blocks then it’s not so long,  i’ll first speak of my 2012 UK Races. I was very nervous in the week leading up to my first race of the season, reason being i knew i had good form and my fitness was high, but that’s all well and good out training but you can’t gauge your performance until you come up against racing competition.  Plus it was a local race “Clayton Velo Spring Classic” and obviously as in all races I had the intention to go and put in a solid performance.  With the likes of Rapha Condor Sharp and various other teams coming in numbers it was set to be a good strong race. Im not a rider to be put off by big established names, if anything it makes for better strong racing, and as Wilko had said to me a few days prior “you want to be going to them races, thinking  I’m going to put these good lads away today and show them I’m more than capable”.  I came away satisfied with my race finishing in 27th place, between groups, I managed to jump clear of the main  group in the final 2 laps  and finish just off the back of the second  small leading group.
End of a very wet Eddie Soens
On the attack in Cockermouth
Week after week my results were good and i was happy with my start to the season. A few races I entered didn’t go my way but in all my events i was aggressive and getting in with the action. Always following the right people in the attacks but not always at the right time, but this just goes to show it takes time to develop a good race head and with the right help it will all come together.




Clayton Velo Spring Classic- 27th
Eddie Soens Memorial- 96th
Cdnw Pimbo- 23rd
Cdnw Saighton- 20th
Cdnw Cockermouth- 25th
Merseyside Wheelers RR- 5th
National Emergency services RR- 8th
Yorkshire Day @ races- 13th
Northwest Regional Championships- 26th


I competed in 5 other races but no results shown out of the top 10, so not sure of exact results.

Next Blog will be with in the next few days, speaking of my return to Belgium and how its gone so far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment